DevOps Engineer (m/f/div)
Aleph Zero was established in early 2018 with a vision to provide the first truly scalable, decentralized, and open-sourced DLT ecosystem. After almost three years on the market, we’re confident that we’re going in the right direction.
We’re building a new blockchain platform using our novel protocols published in scientific papers. We work on problems in the fields of cryptography, concurrent algorithms, and distributed systems. In order to solve those challenges, we need your help. We’re using Rust—a cutting-edge language that’s rapidly gaining traction—and Substrate, which is a Rust framework for blockchain development.
We’re looking for software developers with proven Rust experience, working knowledge of Substrate, and general familiarity with blockchain technologies. Don’t worry if you’re not fluent in any of those—we will provide you with well-structured onboarding and recurring seminars to build upon what you already know. Both Rust and Substrate are becoming increasingly popular in the distributed ledger space, and the investment in learning the technology will only become more relevant over time—for the project, and for you as an individual.
You’ll be working directly with the existing research and development team.
- EKS and/or ECS,
- Ability to work in a shell environment on both EC2s and on-prem machines powered by Ubuntu,
- Package maintenance for already existing and newly created environments
- Debugging potential system-related issues in reasonable time.
Kubernetes and Docker:
- Basic understanding of Kubernetes architecture,
- HELM package management,
- Dockerfiles and images maintenance.
- GitLab CI/CD,
- GitHub CI/CD,
- Terraform Infrastructure-as-a-Code.
What you’ll get in return:
- a fast-paced tech startup working environment;
- involvement in an original, innovative, and well-funded project;
- flexible working hours;
- competitive salary and Aleph Zero tokens from the team token allocation;
- private health insurance;
- ability to work remotely or in one of our offices in Switzerland or Poland.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work. We do accept everybody as they are on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, or visibility.