Executive Assistant / Personal Assistant to CEO (FT)
Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT to CEO About Us Black Dragon Capital LLC (BDC) is a unique growth-oriented private equity firm focused on investing in areas where information technology is enabling the disruption of industries by allowing a faster, better and more economically compelling way to solve industry issues. We seek to benefit from a diverse perspective combined with high performance operating and investment executives. We hire and promote based on merit, without bias, and make a genuine effort to ensure we have a diversified team that aligns with the diversity of our portfolio companies and their clients. We intend to maintain over 65% of our team members as culturally or gender diverse, and work hard to foster a supportive and welcoming workplace. Bringing a leadership and advisory group of successful entrepreneurs, former operators and deal making experience, Black Dragon’s team has a track record of building market leading companies, driving above market returns and accelerating growth and profitability through its distribution connections, strategic advice, and active participation within our investments, primarily in financial technologies, eCommerce, and sports and media technology markets. Position OverviewThis position provides both complete support to the Black Dragon Capital Founder and CEO and provides back-up support to the CEO Executive Assistant (EA) by handling a variety of task from managing an extremely active calendar of appoints and arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas. Additional responsibilities vary and include, but are not limited to, projects, and records management, and arranging personal tasks and activities. We are an operationally led firm and culture that applies our unique operational knowledge into how we operate the firm and manage our investments. What sets us apart is that the same entrepreneurial spirit and energy that made us successful in an operational role should translate to building a different kind of investment firm. About YouYou’ve been an assistant to a senior leader of a company, so you’re comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You’ve had to make tough judgment calls in a variety of situations and are able to quickly understand your CEO’s needs and preferences well enough to comfortably make decisions autonomously and anticipate how to provide support. You’re a forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, proactively proposes solutions, and consistently meets deadlines. You’re a resourceful team-player but also enjoy working independently at times. You have a high attention to detail, accuracy and have a strong and extensive background in planning multiple travel arrangements, with the ability to provide detailed and accurate itineraries to the CEO. You like being committed to a team and understand that this requires a level of effort that comes with the role. While we work hard and strive for performance, we understand that we control our time through our preparation and attention to detail. This role requires 24/7 availability even though it often won’t be needed. Responsibilities
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for the CEO: Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements. Keeping the CEO updated on upcoming meetings, events or changes to his schedule.
- Travel Arrangements: From booking flights and hotels to sorting out ground transport, airport clue meeting room bookings and facilitating, ensure CEO has complete and updated itinerary prior to travel, continue to monitor travel arrangements for last minute changes – ensuring CEO is updated to all changes.
- Anticipate Needs and Preferences: We need an Executive Assistant who has the exceptional ability to anticipate the needs and preferences of the CEO. This means not constantly relying on him for direction but having the foresight to predict and plan.
- Supporting the Executive Assistant in completing expense reports on behalf of the CEO and obtaining, maintaining and keeping track of all receipts for CEOs as needed.
- Coordinate Foundation and other philanthropic activities as it relates to CEO’s scheduling.
- Compose, prepare or process correspondence that is often confidential, which requires a sense of discretion and protection to the organization.
- Assist in preparation of Microsoft Office365 based deliverables, including processing changes and final format of various documents in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the team.
- Personal efficiency tasks may include, but are not limited to setting up doctor appointments, coordinating family activities, gift coordination, and flight check-ins.
- Serve as the administrative liaison to others in the Company and with clients.
- Must work US daytime hours, EST Time zone. Available 24x7.
- Significant executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives, minimum of 10-years’ experience working with a C-level executive.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or finance, preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize accordingly to effectively manage multiple projects, deadlines and travel arrangements.
- Highly tech savvy and exceptional in Microsoft Office365.
- Highly proficient with the online calendar of an executive and using Microsoft Outlook.
- Must be willing to travel to conferences, business events and other industry events as needed for event support.
- Must have at least 5 years of Executive Assistant, Financial Analyst Admin Assistant, or Virtual Assistant experience in a fast paced environment.